Thursday, May 10, 2012

45 years-the past is wisdom

 Monday, May 7th, 2012 marked the 45th birthday of Mr. Jack Hardeman...
my father.



I sat at the table across from him at lunch on Sunday and noticed what 45 years of life truly is.  I saw his once solid jet black hair turned gray.  The wrinkles that have formed around his mouth from smiling.  The callus on his hands from a life of over work and under pay. Saw wisdom in his eyes with a twinkle of mischief that time will never fade.  In that moment, I realized for the first time that my father would always be wiser than me. Because, not only does time bring change, it brings life lessons that are learned from experience. From age. 





So, here's to you 'Cracker Jack'.  Happy 45th Birthday. 
I'm sorry that life dealt us an odd hand-that until a couple of years ago, we didn't get the chance to start a relationship we should have had since my birth. However, the best of us is yet to come.  


To you, Dad.  A man who will always stand out in any crowd.  A man that has lived a life worth living.  A man who will always be loved. 


Thank you for being you.




No comments:

Post a Comment